• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

Re: Set List: Furthur Port Chester, NY April 16, 2013

#253761 1 year, 6 months ago
What a freaking great show it was amazing I cannot believe that second that the first one was fire but man that second set killed it
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#253763 1 year, 6 months ago
I don't know if it came through from the stream, but Jack Straw was quite entertaining. They spaced way out between two of the early verses. Bob kept looking down and playing and refused to sing the next verse, so jk just kept improvising. It went on so long that jk and Phil started looking at each other like is Bob ok? He did again later in the song and this time Phil decided to sing the verse.

Bobs thinking out of he box again!
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by rippleish20.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#253765 1 year, 6 months ago
Or did our senior friend just forget the words
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#253766 1 year, 6 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
I don't know if it came through from the stream, but Jack Straw was quite entertaining. They spaced way out between two of the early verses. Bob kept looking down and playing and refused to sing the next verse, so jk just kept improvising. It went on so long that jk and Phil started looking at each other like is Bob ok? He did again later in the song and this time Phil decided to sing the verse.

Bobs thinking out of he box again!

This was one of the more special parts of the night.

Jack Straw has been one of their better jam vehicles and they took it one step furthur tonight. Out of nowhere, Bob decided not to sing the verse, but it wasn't a spaced out "I don't know what I'm doing" Bob. He actually stepped away from the mic and gestured with his guitar to start leading a jam. What was so great about it was it was territory they've never jammed in before and it sounded GREAT. You're right, the whole band kept looking at him for when he was going to start singing again, but they weren't waiting. They were just following his lead.

After he finally sang the verse, it was actually Phil who decided not to sing the next one. He always sings the part he was about to sing but just never stepped up to the mic and instead led them into a different-sounding jam that had a different, more driven vibe than the one Bobby led.

It was really a great moment. And then finally after that verse was finished, they went into their usual smokin' jam to close out the song.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#253767 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
Or did our senior friend just forget the words

No yankeesmed is right bob was doing it purposely. I really thought jk and Phil began to wonder when bob wouldn't move on, or maybe they just thought it was going on a little too long. I'll have to listen to the Phil verse as I can't remember who normally sings what. It was very entertaining either way. Bob was right on the whole show except for normal lyric lapses
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by rippleish20.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#253784 1 year, 6 months ago
not sure how those pictures ended up sideways.Used my phone on the ride home to upload them but they should have all posted the right way
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#253785 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
All right, let's get back to Abbey Road!!! I like the Beatles' covers!!

With ya! She Came in Through the Bathroom Window literally ripped open the sky from where we sat. So unexpected and so much fun.
this is the season of what now
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#253803 1 year, 6 months ago
[video]http://www.facebook.com/ajax/video/actions/embed/dialog/?fbid=4743553346356[/video]
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by B-Rad.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#253807 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks to GRATEFUL DEAD BOOKS for
Second night, great show, tight and powerful.

Backside 2nd night

Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Sustainabill.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#253817 1 year, 6 months ago
I am greatful to taper rob for the streams , but that first set man to me bobbys sound was just so shrill and twanging at times , love him but just saying
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds