• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

August 3, 2012 TRI Studios - Move Me Brightly

#182007 2 years, 2 months ago

tristudios.com/watch
(August 6, 2012 Watch Highlights* from 'Move Me Brightly' at music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/watch-move-br...-four-165009059.html)

Preshow Jerry
Reuben and Cerise
Mission in the Rain
Sugaree
Valerie
Gomorrah
Cats Under the Stars
Rhapsody in Red
Might as Well
Deal

30-minute documentary by Justin Kreutzmann, hosted by actor Luke Wilson, with memories of Jerry
shared by Bill Kreutzmann, Carlos Santana, Dave Schools, Keller Williams, Stephen Perkins, Perry Farrell,
Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, Mike Campbell, Mickey Hart, David Hidalgo, and Sammy Hagar.

Tonight's Musical Program
*The Wheel (w/ Phil Lesh)
*Cumberland Blues (w/ Phil Lesh) >
Loser
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
Dire Wolf
*Dupree's Diamond Blues
Tennessee Jed
*Ship of Fools
They Love Each Other
Bird Song >
New Speedway Boogie
Loose Lucy (Bob Weir solo acoustic)

Cause I’m Missing Him Tonight by David Crosby (read by Jim Lauderdale)

*Friend of the Devil
*Mission in the Rain
Ramble on Rose
Catfish John
*Shakedown Street
*Terrapin Station
*He's Gone
*Eyes of the World
*Scarlet Begonias
Don't Let Go
*Days Between >
*Franklin's Tower

Encores: U.S. Blues
Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad
Ripple

(August 6, 2012 Watch Highlights* from 'Move Me Brightly' at music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/watch-move-br...-four-165009059.html)

Or watch this youtube video of the entire musical program posted by voodoonola on August 6, 2012

(Set list confirmation and thanks to BoxOfEyes (Boxofeyes) on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 03:15 am at philzone.org/ and www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/setlis...d-more-salute-jerry/)

from dead.net/features/news/tomorrow-move-me-...t-plus-artist-update

Performing artists include Bob Weir, Mike Gordon, Neal Casal, Jeff Chimenti, Joe Russo, Donna Jean Godchaux, Craig Finn and Tad Kubler of the Hold Steady, Chris Tomson of Vampire Weekend, Jonathan Wilson, Cass McCombs, Harper Simon, and Sam Cohen and Josh Kaufman of the Yellowbirds. Plus very special guest…Phil Lesh

In addition to a one-time-only performance by the assembled artists, the Move Me Brightly webcast will include rare Grateful Dead concert footage and video tributes given by Garcia's peers including David Hidalgo of Los Lobos, Carlos Santana and more. David Crosby’s moving tribute, “’Cause I’m Missing Him Tonight,” penned specifically for the occasion, will be read during the show. Bill Walton will be in the house and Luke Wilson (The Royal Tenenbaums, Old School, Anchorman) will take a moment away from his day job to emcee the event.

Check out a preview of the what's in store at www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/previe...th-birthday-20120802
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Sustainabill.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: August 3, 2012 TRI Studios - Move Me Brightly

#182009 2 years, 2 months ago
Way to go Sustainabill! Nice to get the party started early! I can't wait for this TRI performance. All their webcast are such a nice treat! Can't wait to see what is in store for us tonight! Probably lots of laughs, smiles, and possibly a few tears.

Since its never too early to party....

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#182012 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#182022 2 years, 2 months ago
from greenupmusic.com/2012/08/free-webcast-mo...bute-at-tri-studios/

Move Me Brightly: A Jerry Garcia Tribute at TRI Studios (Free Webcast)
3 Aug By Karen MacKay

Photo Credit: Peter Simon

Friday night, Bob Weir will host an impressive list of musicians at his San Rafael studio, continuing the 70th birthday celebrations for his Grateful Dead bandmate, the late Jerry Garcia. The epitome of the couch tour experience, the Tamalpais Research Institute (TRI) is the result of Weir’s vision to create a virtual venue for fans to enjoy performances from the comfort of their home or anywhere in the world. TRI Studios includes a state-of-the-art performance studio for broadcasting live HD video and audio streams directly to the internet.

Move Me Brightly will be streamed live from Weir’s TRI Studios at 6:30PM PST on August 3rd, and hosted by actor Luke Wilson. The all-star group of artists that will be joining Weir include Phish bassist Mike Gordon, Joe Russo, Cass McCombs, members of The Hold Steady, Chris Tomson of Vampire Weekend, and former Grateful Dead/Jerry Garcia Band vocalist Donna Jean Godchaux.

Named after a line from Terrapin Station, Move Me Brightly will be a truly magical tribute, including musical performances, interviews, rare Grateful Dead concert footage and video tributes from Garcia’s peers, including Mickey Hart, David Hidalgo of Los Lobos, Carlos Santana, Bill Kreutzmann, and Widespread Panic bassist Dave Schools.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#182028 2 years, 2 months ago

According to this article:
www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-08-02...e-the-music-industry

"the Aug. 3 performance could draw as many as 900,000 unique viewers and reach 20 million over the next two months, when it will be available on demand. “Even if it’s half of that, we’ll be doing well,” says Weir. “We always found that things work if they’re good and everyone is having fun.”
Thank You Jerry
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#182029 2 years, 2 months ago
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Sustainabill
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#182031 2 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for starting the thread, Bill! This is going to be big fun!! Looking forward to tonight, see you then!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#182059 2 years, 2 months ago
great tshirt on the merchandise link at tri everyone get a jerry birthday shirt only 20.00
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#182063 2 years, 2 months ago
Have to catch this on demand. I've got Phillies tickets for tonight.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#182068 2 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, this seems really cool. But I'm going to have to miss the beginning. I hope they offer it for replay.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds