• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:966
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Band Gripes

#233785 1 year, 2 months ago
If you run Firefox, Adblock vaporizes the bug. I like signatures, but images in signatures are a no-go (pain to scroll on a small screen). Adblock and bye-bye.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6733
Muchas Garcias

Re: Band Gripes

#233789 1 year, 2 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
If you run Firefox, Adblock vaporizes the bug. I like signatures, but images in signatures are a no-go (pain to scroll on a small screen). Adblock and bye-bye.


Thanks, Zeno, problem solved. No more bugs.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6733
Muchas Garcias

Re: Band Gripes

#233791 1 year, 2 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:


embrace the bug, bill...for is he not one of god's creatures? whether carbon or silicon based, all life forms deserve respect

"to even the hated mosquito i have given many a meal and told them to go in peace"

~john muir


Sorry, as it does for commercials during streams, Adblocker came to the rescue to debug the scene for me.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6733
Muchas Garcias

Re: Band Gripes

#233836 1 year, 2 months ago
Jerry says it best.

Thank You Jerry
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder
Posts:1061

Re: Band Gripes

#233935 1 year, 2 months ago
Having a hard time figuring out how exactly I'm going to be able to live stream...

All my recording gear is on the way though...
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
OtherOne
Junior Boarder
Posts:228

Re: Band Gripes

#238829 1 year, 2 months ago
Very excited to see they're switching to the analog soundboard. Hopefully it makes an impact on the sound. Now turn up the lead guitar please!!
OtherOne
Junior Boarder
Posts:228

Re: Band Gripes

#255811 12 months ago
So 5 years later and Furthur still can't get the mix right? Bob to high in the mix and JK WAY to low. The music is never loud enough, not even at an intimate venue like the Cap. Pretty sad if you ask me
Staggerl
Junior Boarder
Posts:56

Re: Band Gripes

#255871 12 months ago
I don't understand this sentiment at all. I here this from people I speak to and see it on peoples' posts and I just whole heartily disagree. I love every show. I think some are only great, others are awesome, and most of them are amazing! Maybe it's because I never got to see Jerry live or maybe I just don't have the amazing hearing skills that these Negative Nancys do, but from what I have heard on recordings from the nineties, save for a few great shows, Furthur smokes that era. I'm sure many will consider this post blasphemy and flame me to no end but some of Furthur's best shows I feel are on par with some of those legendary 71-77 era shows. I can't remember where I read the story but I know that I'v read it at least twice, I think once on here and once on GD reddit but the gist of it is that there were people walking out of 71 shows talking about how they were "over it" because the band just "aren't as good as they used to be." Sorry for the rant but I do feel strongly about this subject.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:966
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Band Gripes

#255878 12 months ago
Staggerl wrote:
Maybe it's because I never got to see Jerry live or maybe I just don't have the amazing hearing skills that these Negative Nancys do, but from what I have heard on recordings from the nineties, save for a few great shows, Furthur smokes that era.
Is this your attempt at joining the ranks of the NNs? Just ribbing you is all. Is kind of strange for those who consider themselves positivos to address the negative with a negative, though. Kind of a clusterfuck of the confused.

Staggerl wrote:
I'm sure many will consider this post blasphemy and flame me to no end but some of Furthur's best shows I feel are on par with some of those legendary 71-77 era shows.
Well, being quite a big Furthur fan myself, even I find this statement on the silly side. Not fair to compare, though. Several different menus and meals between the various eras of the dead between those years and what Furthur is. It does make perfect sense for someone younger, who never took part in the GD live energy, but who does take part in the Furthur live energy, to have a kinship with Furthur that they do not with the GD.

Staggerl wrote:
I can't remember where I read the story but I know that I'v read it at least twice, I think once on here and once on GD reddit but the gist of it is that there were people walking out of 71 shows talking about how they were "over it" because the band just "aren't as good as they used to be." Sorry for the rant but I do feel strongly about this subject.
Related to what I just said above, this also makes a lot of sense. The people who were seeing them in '67, '68, and '69 were accustomed to a very different scene and situation than what came shortly thereafter. Not only that, there was a big jump in musical approach and influences between those years. Tons of growth and tweaking of perspective. To not jive with that next step isn't unfathomable. It's a natural consequence to artistic evolution/alteration. You'll lose some, and you'll gain some. It doesn't really prove anything, and it shouldn't be viewed as a statement about a fan's preference for one thing or another.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds