• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196166 2 years, 1 month ago
Ok, I know this is going to ruffle some feathers but since there's a thread for Obama I thought it only fair to start one for Romney too.

Now, I know the hippie vote has historically gone for the democrat but I argue that this is not your hippie Dad's democrat party anymore. I urge you to ask yourself whether or not the democrat party represents your best interest or whether or not they're pandering to you hoping you won't think and just blindly vote for the party you, your parents, your grandparents have always voted for. Again, this is a whole different ball game with this current regime in power in Washington today. This current democrat party has values not in line with traditional American values als JFK or Harry Truman. Hell, even Lyndon Johnson and his Great Society was not as radical as the Obama regime.

I will only ask that you think before blindly casting your vote like a drone. Ask yourself which guy has America's best interest at heart and which guy is insistent on "Fundamentally Transforming" your country into his own image. Seriously.

Obama again ? Really ?
Freedom is truth.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#196167 2 years, 1 month ago
Seriously?
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196171 2 years, 1 month ago
Yeah man. I can't support Obama again. He's a narcissistic, self-absorbed, condescending, rich asshole who cares only about keeping power over his subjects -- us !

No thanks. I'm willing to try something else this time around.

I think Mitt might be a cool head. Certainly not phony like the faker in the oval office.

Peace.
Attachments:
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by tdog.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#196172 2 years, 1 month ago
My memory is purdy good. I remember us "trying something else" from 2000-2008. Obama has been a disappointment in almost every way, and I have almost no respect for the guy anymore (I didn't start out with a whole lot in the first place, but that is for another conversation). Yet, I can't say my reaction to that is answered in the least when I look across and see my alternative. If you're going to focus on parties and "do they represent me", I think I had quite enough watching the Republican side-show, silly, and downright embarrassing run of characters wanting to run for president. They couldn't write a reality TV show that asinine if they worked on it for a decade. The Democrats are lucky the other side is this much of a mess, because if not, they'd be screwed.

Politicians are liars (and a lot of that is because we demand they lie to us), but Romney isn't any good at it. The guy changes his tune for every audience. I almost feel like he's playing a big joke on everyone and is going to someday break out of it with a good chuckle we can all share, because he is about as inconsistent as anyone I've ever seen run for big office. It's difficult to take him seriously. And you know what? He probably was the best Republican choice. Does that party speak more for my interests? My goodness. I hope not.

I can't fault anyone for being on auto-pilot when Romney/Ryan is the other choice.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by ZenoMarx.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#196216 2 years, 1 month ago
"they couldn't write a reality tv show that asinine if they worked on it for a decade"---zenomarx

that is classic

btw i am not taking either side, just figured i'd read this one if i read the obama one. don't forget, there is no one as irish as barack o'bama
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#196232 2 years, 1 month ago
burt!

We gave Bush 8 yrs to drag us down, figure its only fair to give someone 8 yrs to fix it! Not to mention did we really vote Bush in, or was the election rigged? That's right I remember all those chads in his brothers state of Florida.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad, DrippingColors
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#196238 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh, how quickly we forget.

Funny, how Mitt dissed obamacare for the longest time, yet it was based on his Mass Health Care Plan. Just yesterday he finally took credit. I'm sorry. But mitt is the faker. He's changed his positions so many times in the past three months. He is the true waffle....

Obama, while not the best president, has stayed on message and is definitely better than Mitch, I mean Mitt.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by SkiNose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, Twigg419, DrippingColors, Cosmicdavid
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#196246 2 years, 1 month ago
Why is Romney a better choice? I don't want to hear about everything Obama has not done, but rather what has Romney done to prove himself the better man for the job. Cutting medicare and social security has me very scared to vote for this 1%er, but perhaps someone can tell me why I'm wrong?
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah, SunshineSue
Phred
Senior Boarder

#196248 2 years, 1 month ago
This is absolutely awesome:

When people in your own party and ideology are disgusted and find you cringe-worthy...well, it says a lot about Mittens.
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Phred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker, B-Rad, DrippingColors
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#196249 2 years, 1 month ago
Kevin, you are wrong.

First, Romney isn't going to cut SS and Medicare. That's news media propaganda. In fact, Obamacare "borrowed" (stole) $750000000000 (that's 750 billion) from Medicare funding to pay for Obamacare. That's is a fact and already LAW thanks to Obama. We haven't yet seen what this will do for seniors who want to see a doctor on their medicare plan. It's coming and it aint going to be pretty. Doctors are NOT GOING TO WORK FOR FREE ! I don't blame them.

The fact is, Medicare and SS in their current forms are bankrupt and will be completely insolvent some day. Romney, and especially Ryan, have a plan to deal with the problem. Too many details to list here but make no mistake they are serious people and ready to deal with this serious problem. Obama and his merry band of Chicago thugs, on the other hand, as well as Pelosi, Reid, etc. have no plan and only rip the other side for bringing it up. In fact, Obama hired a neutral council (Simpson-Bowles) to come up with a plan to deal with SS and Medicare and when they delivered it to him, Obama ignored it and it went nowhere. Wouldn't even meet with them to discuss it. It was a serious plan to deal with the coming disaster of these programs. Why would he do that ?

Romney is rich but so are a lot of "liberal" politicians in Washington. Both sides are rich. Only difference is level of "richness". Who cares. You shouldn't let that prevent you from supporting him. He knows how to balance a budget and run a business. He's a shrewd businessman and I argue that is EXACTLY what this country needs right now.

There are other reasons to vote Obama out, and make no mistake that is the primary reason why I'm voting Romney. Too many to type in here. One could write a book

Enough of the celebrity president. It aint working.

Now, I want to hear an argument FOR Obama. I haven't heard a cogent one yet. I'm waiting.
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, NewHampshireJed, pettyblue440
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds